I am trying to test some results I have for significance. It has been recommended that I use R and I am completely new to this.
- Groups: two groups of 8 subjects (16 total)
- Two conditions: alert and passive
- Measurements: responses for three different stimuli (A, B, and C) measured in each condition
Experiment: Testing the order of conditions
- Group one: Alert A, B and C followed by Passive A, B, and C
- Group two: Passive A, B, and C followed by Alert A, B, and C
Stimuli A, B and C are randomly interleaved in the experiment, does this matter in my ANOVA?
I am interested in making a between and within group comparison of responses to A, B, and C
Here is what I am doing:
My data is arranged in the following way
Group Subject Condition Stimulus Response One S1 Alert A _Value_ One S1 Alert B _Value_ One S1 Alert C _Value_ One S1 Passive A _Value_ One S1 Passive B _Value_ One S1 Passive C _Value_ One S2 Alert A _Value_ ... Two S9 Alert A _Value_ Two S9 Alert B _Value_ Two S9 Alert C _Value_ ...
This is the code I used:
My_anova = aov(Response ~ Condition * Stimulus * Group + Error(Subject/Condition * Stimulus ), data=My_Data)
- Is this model correctly specified in R?