I am looking for a web based and open source data exploration tool. Some of the key features I am looking for include:
- faceted search capabilities
- ability to hopefully connect to more than one data source such as mysql, csv files, postgres,...
- ability for one to select the columns to be presented
- ability for one to be able to save a view based on filtered data results
- hopefully with the ability to create a data view which combines the data from one or more datasets and merges them using a unique column sared by the datasets
- hopefully with the ability to take the results from a merged/filtered search and create a new dataset from them
I know there are a few tools out there in the GIS space which do this fairly well but I have yet to find a greate tool focused on mangling datasets and creating views from them (examples like giscloud.com)