My research aims to assess whether parents who have been involved in a relationship with a social worker are at higher risk of child abuse/neglect.
I am trying to establish whether there exists a relationship between social workers' attitude toward the parents that reflect an overall outcome of the case (positive or negative). I want to assess whether social worker attitudes have an effect on parental responses.
- The questionnaire was only given to parents who have a relationship with a social worker.
- There were 20 participants (16 females and 4 males).
- I aggregated my 13 Likert items/questions into a single attitude (word) per each.
- I also reversed the order of the Likert scale when I entered the data, so that a score of 5 stands for "strongly disagree", whereas a score of 1 reads "strongly agree". This was done because of the way my Likert items were asked.
- Can I run a test between genders given that there are an uneven number of males and females?
- What analyses can I run to test my research question?