Cross Validated is a question and answer site for people interested in statistics, machine learning, data analysis, data mining, and data visualization. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm trying to replicate the paper of Blundell et al. (2008) to separate permanent and transitory shocks on income on a panel dataset. He solves the non-linear system of equations using Chamberlain's minimum distance estimator (it is shown in the appendix of the paper), but I haven't found a library, nor in R, nor in STATA, that does the trick. Can someone help me?

share|improve this question
please add link to the article – mpiktas Apr 12 '11 at 12:24
Google Scholar finds 229 papers authored in 2008 by a Blundell. Could you give us a bit more of a clue to which one you are referring, or maybe a URI? – onestop Apr 12 '11 at 12:27

Check the actuar package or the fitdistrplus package vignettes.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.