Personality & social psychologist
- Existential psychology (meaning/purpose in life, uncertainty, existential problems and attitudes)
- Positive psychology (psychological well-being, life satisfaction, affect)
- Motivation (goals, values, motives, intrinsic & extrinsic motivation, attainment, support & conflict)
- Spirituality (afterlife belief, religion, universalism)
- Traits (the "Big Five", spirituality, intelligence, needs for cognition or closure, conservatism)
- Survey methods (construction, validation, bias identification & reduction)
- Latent factor structure
- Structural equation modeling
- Effect size estimation
- Longitudinal change
- Nonparametric & robust analysis
- Resampling methods
- Programming (R, function writing, simulation testing)
- Me. (2013). Personal goals, psychological well-being, and meaning in life. University of California, Riverside: Psychology.
- Steger, M. F., Pickering, N., Adams, E., Burnett, J., Shin, J. Y., Dik, B. J., & Me. (2010). The quest for meaning: Religious affiliation differences in the correlates of religious quest and search for meaning in life. Psychology of Religion and Spirituality, 2(4), 206-226.
Posters and presentations (PowerPoints available on my SlideShare page)
- Me & Ozer, D. J. (2012). Matching goals to values: Correlations follow semantic similarities. 92nd WPA, San Francisco.
- Me. (2012). Existential and psychological health as products of intrinsic goal attainment. Presentation, April 19, UCR.
- Me, Selvam, T., Cheong, R., & Ozer. (2011). Religious differences in the value systems of meaningful (and meaningless) lives. 2nd ARP, Riverside.
- Me & Ozer. (2011). Joint factors of spirituality and religiousness. 91st WPA, Los Angeles.
- Me & Ozer. (2011). Spiritual predictors of the search for meaning in life. 12th SPSP, San Antonio.
- Me. (2010). Current research in existential psychology. Presentation, November 4, UCR.
- Me, Boudreaux, M. J., & Ozer. (2010). Factor structure of the Values Q-Set. 118th APA, San Diego.
- Me & Ozer. (2010). The motive content of meaningful (and meaningless) lives. 15th EAPP, Brno, Czech Republic.
- Me, Stimson, T. S., & Boudreaux. (2010). The curve of the quest for a more meaningful life. 11th SPSP, Las Vegas.
- Me. (2010). The Values Q-Set. Presentation, January 21, UCR.
- Me, Stimson, Boudreaux, & Ozer. (2009). When do personality traits predict personal goals? 1st ARP, Evanston.
- Me. (2009). The factor structure of personal goals. Presentation, June 4, UCR.
- Me, Stimson, & Ozer. (2009). The factor structure of personal goals in an undergraduate population. 10th SPSP, Tampa.
17 Is the exact value of a 'p-value' meaningless? apr 24 '14
15 What is your favorite statistical graph? jul 23 '14
15 Deduce variance from boxplot mar 27 '14
15 Statistics published in academic papers apr 2 '14
15 Low variance components in PCA, are they really just noise? Is there any way to test for it? feb 19 '14
15 What is your favorite “data analysis” cartoon? feb 20 '14
15 Which to believe: Kolmogorov-Smirnov test or Q-Q plot? jan 17 '14
12 How can I interpret this scatterplot? feb 21 '14