David Robinson top 3% this year
I am a Data Scientist at Stack Exchange. My interests include statistics, data analysis, education, and programming in R and Python. I have a blog about statistics and programming.
- broom: an R package for converting messy model outputs to a tidy format, for use with tools such as dplyr and tidyr.
- subSeq: Subsample reads from an RNA-Seq experiment to determine if it has sufficient depth.
- stackr: R package for connecting to the Stack Exchange API.
- snippr: R package for managing, sharing, and installing RStudio code snippets.
- ParsePy: a Python API client for the Parse mobile backend.
- gleam: Python package for building interactive online visualizations without web programming.
- OASIS: Python package for annotating insertion sequences in prokaryotic genomes.
- BarNone: Python package to match barcodes in sequencing data to a catalog based on Levenshtein distance.
168 What is the intuition behind beta distribution? jan 15 '13
161 How to understand the drawbacks of K-means jan 16
13 Mean squared error vs. mean squared prediction error jan 8 '12
11 Why are 0.05 < p < 0.95 results called false positives? feb 27 '14
5 Bayesian batting average prior jan 17 '13