I am a Data Scientist at Stack Overflow. My interests include statistics, data analysis, education, and programming in R and Python. I have a blog about statistics and programming.
- broom: an R package for converting messy model outputs to a tidy format, for use with tools such as dplyr and tidyr.
- subSeq: Subsample reads from an RNA-Seq experiment to determine if it has sufficient depth.
- stackr: R package for connecting to the Stack Exchange API.
- snippr: R package for managing, sharing, and installing RStudio code snippets.
- ParsePy: a Python API client for the Parse mobile backend.
- gleam: Python package for building interactive online visualizations without web programming.
- OASIS: Python package for annotating insertion sequences in prokaryotic genomes.
- BarNone: Python package to match barcodes in sequencing data to a catalog based on Levenshtein distance.
287 How to understand the drawbacks of K-means Jan 16 '15
253 What is the intuition behind beta distribution? Jan 15 '13
15 Mean squared error vs. mean squared prediction error Jan 8 '12
12 Why are 0.05 < p < 0.95 results called false positives? Feb 27 '14
7 Bayesian batting average prior Jan 17 '13
6 how to apply hypothesis testing in this case? Mar 24 '15