I have a survey question where the respondent can check one choice or two choice maximum. Question looks like this:
What is the more important characteristic when you buy chocolate?
- Sweetness (characteristic 1)
- Packaging (characteristic 2)
- Price (characteristic 3)
- ... (characteristic 4)
- ... (characteristic 5)
- ... (characteristic 6)
In my data, I have 6 column (1 for each characteristic) with the value 1 if the respondent checked the ad-hoc column and 0 otherwise.
I would like to perform a regression where the outcome is the question and the predictors the socio demographic criteria (some of them are numerical such as the age and other categorical such as the gender).
Now I wonder how I should do. Should I do a simple logistic regression 6 times with same predictors but each time different outcome?
- glm(caracteristic1 ~ age+gender)
- glm(caracteristic2 ~ age+gender)
- glm(caracteristic3 ~ age+gender)
- glm(caracteristic4 ~ age+gender)
- glm(caracteristic5 ~ age+gender)
- glm(caracteristic6 ~ age+gender)
Or is it possible to use another method such as the multinomial logistic regression. If yes which R packages do you recommend me to use?