It's been too long since I have taken a stats course, and I'm struggling to figure out what the proper test is for this experiment I'm designing.
- There are two conditions: A and B
- There is one continuous dependent variable that is measured as the outcome of each trial (each trial is of condition A or condition B)
- There are approx. 30 subjects
- Each subject will do 5 trials with condition A, and 5 trials with condition B
- The order in which the subject does the trials is randomized
- I'm trying to show that the value of the dependent variable is significantly higher with condition A than it is with condition B
The main issue for me is trying to figure out how to handle each subject doing each condition multiple times. Would this be some sort of one-way ANOVA with blocking by subject? Or maybe repeated measures within subjects? Any tips would be great!
Secondary question: for whatever the correct answer to the above is, what would be the closest equivalent non-parametric test?