Suppose you have two groups $A$ and $B$ and you want to find the odds ratio of some outcome. How do you denote this odds ratio? Is it just $OR(\text{A} \ \text{and} \ B)$?

  • 4
    $\begingroup$ I think if your context is written clear enough, especially in the reference level that you defined, you can just use OR. Readers can understand the odds ratio is for A versus B. $\endgroup$
    – cchien
    Nov 9, 2011 at 18:59
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ Did you browse some of the related questions and answers? Presenting results depends on whether you compute OR from a two-way table or a regression model, but usually @cchien's recommendation works well in practice. $\endgroup$
    – chl
    Nov 9, 2011 at 22:30

1 Answer 1


I've seen in some textbooks: $OR_{A/B}$


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.