I have five concepts in a theoretical model (animosity, ethnocentrism, religiosity, patriotism, satisfaction). The EFA result shows that there is only one actor for each construct:
- f1 (animosity) with 3 indicators.
- f2 (ethnocentrism) with 9 indicators.
- f3 (religiosity) with 3 indicators.
- f4 (patriotism) with 5 indicators.
- f5 (satisfaction) with 8 indicators.
according to SPSS results: the relations between each two factors are linear, with normal distribution. the test of multivariate normality by AMOS gives a Mardia of 2.654. Sample size = 650.
But: when i try to conduct a CFA in AMOS for each factor separately AMOS shows great results for f2,f4 & f5. With F1 there is no df also no chi-square. The same thing with F3.
I searched the internet for an explanation & I found that this means the measurement model with no df & no chi-square is saturated & nothing can be reported. And here there is who would say that this model has a well fit while others may say that this is not the case. So, what i really need to know is:
- how to treat such case (df=0 & chi2=0) in my thesis?
- can I include such factors with such case in the overall measurement model & the path model to test hypothesis?
- Which better: to have a CFA for each concept separately or to do it for an overall model?