Let's say I have the following single-select survey question:

Which is your favorite drink? (A) coffee (B) tea (C) soda (D) none of the above

And the responses are as follow: (n=100) A: 80, B: 11, C: 9, D: 0

My question is which stat test(s) do I use to show that:

  • % of respondents who chose A (top answer) is significantly greater than those who chose B (2nd most popular answer)
  • % of respondents who chose B is not significantly greater than those who chose C


  • $\begingroup$ Looks like you may have some pointers here: stats.stackexchange.com/questions/10544/… $\endgroup$
    – Quentin
    Jan 16, 2016 at 16:50
  • $\begingroup$ I ran a Chi-Square test, but not sure how to follow up with Tukey's HSD post hoc analysis in SPSS. Does Tukey's HSD work for nominal data? $\endgroup$
    – Jonathan
    Jan 16, 2016 at 22:42


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.