Suppose I have a process that works as follows:
- collect all outstanding requests
- process all of them, which takes time
- commit all results in one transaction
I get a data point (start, duration) from each cycle:
00:00: 1h, 01:00: 1h, 02:00: 2h30m, 04:30: 2h, 06:30: 1h, 07:30: 1h
Below is the best I've come up with so far, boxes ;-)
It shows a "slow" batch @2:00 where:
- all users had to wait, 2h30min for their results
- this "sloweness" lasted just as long, 2h30min
I this visualisation good? Is there a canonical visualisation for time spent in queue?
How can I show multiple similar processes on same plot, e.g. requests from Germany (own process), France (-"-), UK (-"-)?