I would need to do a Philips-Perron test in R, while controlling for an exogenous break.

I found the Philips-Perron test in the package tseries (PP.test), but can't find (contrary to the CADF test) how to extend this test to control for an exogenous break. I'm not a programming expert, is there a way to easily include this in this test in R?

I had a look here and here, but this only offers alternative approaches to my problem, where I would need a perron test for my article..

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Could you give a reference for the PP test with an exogenous break? $\endgroup$ Apr 27, 2016 at 14:07
  • $\begingroup$ Equation 4 on p.6 ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/… $\endgroup$ Apr 27, 2016 at 15:11

1 Answer 1


I think what your a looking for is a test like performed in Perron, P. (1989), “The great crash, the oil price shock, and the unit root hypothesis”, Econometrica , 57, pp.1361-1401 allowing for one structural break. I know that it is implemented in Eviews but I do not know if there is some R package that performs this test. José


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.