Incredible interval/region?

More explicitly, if I have a unimodal distribution with a 95% credible interval in [A,B], what would I call the complementary region ]A,B[? It is 100% credible region minus the 95% credible region. I would like to know the most concise, most obvious name, that needs no further explanation when said to a statistician.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I am not saying this is "the" correct term, but how about "non-credible region(s)"? For instance, see p. 2 of midag.cs.unc.edu/pubs/papers/SPIE07-Levy.pdf . $\endgroup$ Jul 8, 2016 at 17:25
  • 5
    $\begingroup$ I like "incredible region" :-). $\endgroup$
    – whuber
    Jul 8, 2016 at 17:55
  • $\begingroup$ Non-credible sounds good. So "xx% non-credible regions" would be a clear-enough name? $\endgroup$
    – wessel
    Jul 12, 2016 at 8:42


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.