I would like to know, or have references on, analysis process most of statistical data analysts go through for each data analysis project.
If I make a "list", to complete data analysis project, an analyst has to:
- first collect requirements for the project,
- plan/design his data analysis based on those requirements before
- actually pre-processing data,
- executing the data analysis and
- writing a report based on his analysis results.
For this question, I am interested in more details of Step 2. But I understand this is not practically clear cut as the analyst might have to change his plan or design according to data analysis output. Is there any reference on this subject?