I have this question:
It is reported that 45% of the population prefer apples and 55% prefer oranges. Describe the methodology for conducting the survey.
I am not sure if my reasoning is correct:
Assuming the population prefers either apples or oranges (not both nor neither)
- Do a sample of the population, assign a value of 1 to apple, 0 to oranges (for example)
- Take the sample mean and sample variance
- Plot against the t-distribution
- Set a confidence interval
- Compare if the sample mean lies within the confidence interval of the t-value corresponding to 45% (apple).
- If so, conclude that the statement is true, for the given confidence interval.
Sorry a bit lengthy, but thanks for the help.