I've created a sketch of a chart that combines a line graph with pie charts at each point on the line graph. I want to know if there's a standard name for this type of combined graph. I have tried various keywords in Google search but haven't gotten any satisfactory results. Ultimately, I want to find a library to build this type of combined chart programmatically, e.g. using Javascript, etc. I am hoping a standardized name for it will assist me in my search for a programming library to do this visualization.

Combined pie chart and line graph


1 Answer 1


Not common or notable enough for a standard name, but you'll find some info by searching for "pie chart as symbol" or "pie chart as marker". Basically you have a line plot and scatter plot where each scatter marker is replaced with a pie chart.

Related question showing code for making a similar plot: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24052868/can-we-create-pie-chart-and-scatter-plot-combined-using-highcharts-js


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.