If I have a dataset consisting of binary data e.g. (0,1,0,1,1,0,1,1,1,0,0,1), can I use the Mann-Kendall test to determine if there are an increasing or decreasing number of 1's?

(My question is less about wether or not this is the most appropriate test. I'm already also using gam(data ~ year, family="binomial"), which I consider more appropriate. However, suggestions for additional trend detection methods are also welcomed.)

  • $\begingroup$ Why not simulate that on random data and post the results here? $\endgroup$ – user603 Jul 13 '18 at 10:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.