I have a simple experiment with two groups of subjects (each group has $30$ subjects). At the outset of the study, the two groups have shown to be equal in terms of the dependent variable. Now we introduce a treatment to one of the groups, keeping the second group as the control group.


1- To measure the efficacy of the treatment, should I only run one independent samples t-test between the treatment and experimental groups?

2- Suppose the two groups were not equal at the outset of the study. What design I could employ to measure the efficacy of the treatment in these two groups?


1 Answer 1


Q 1: Yes. By using one of two groups take measurements after treatment and proceed with paired t-test.Further, to validate your results , you can do the same procedure (paired t -test) for the second group giving same treatment.

Q 2 may be asked separately giving more details about design , methodology especially about data- collection and data-type etc.,


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.