I'm trying to find the best way to look for common trends in 10 time-series that I have.

I'm confused by what I'm reading regarding the best way to go about this.

I see people talking about the cross-correlation function, the Pearson correlation function and the Spearman correlation function.

Are Pearson and Spearman just special versions of the general "cross-correlation" function?

(I already see that Spearman should be used when linearity cannot be assumed).


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.