I am trying to analyze in SPSS if there a significant difference in the proportion of a gene mutation among different age groups (20-29, 30-39, etc).

I codified the age groups from the continuous var (age) into a nominal variable with values 1,2,3,etc for each age group and the gene mutation with 0 for negative and 1 for positive. In total, I have 6990 rows (cases) with valid entries for both age group and gene mutation to be analyzed. Frequency table looks like this:

freq distribution

Which test do you recommend to be used to see if this gene is more or less mutation across the age groups? I have already performed chi-square testing on this whole table and it gives me a very significant value, but how can I know which age groups really different?


Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.