I want to calculate the hazard ratio for death by comparing individuals with a disease versus others without the disease, but I don't know if the calculation that I'm doing is correct.
Participants were asked for the presence of the disease one day between 2006-2010 (entry point), and then the deaths of those participants were tracked until a specific date in 2016 (exit point). The attained age was defined as the age of death (for death participants) or the age at the exit point (for participants alive).
- disease = 0 (no disease) and disease = 1 (disease)
- status = 0 (alive) and status = 1 (dead)
- age_entry = age at entry point
- age_attained = attained age
- sex = 0 (male) and sex = 1 (female)
I'm using coxph(Surv(time = age_entry, time2 = age_attained, event = statis, origin = 0) ~ disease + sex)
Is this correct? Thanks