I need to write a program to find the average GPS point from a population of points.
In practice the following happens:
- Each month a person records a GPS point of the same static asset.
- Because of the nature of GPS, these points differ slightly each month.
- Sometimes the person makes a mistake a records the wrong assest at a completely different location.
- Each GPS point has a certainty weight (HDOP) that indicates how accurate the current GPS data is. GPS points with better HDOP values are preferred over lower ones..
How do I determine the following:
- Deal with data with 2 values vs. a single value like age. (Find the average age in a population of people)
- Determine the outliers. In the example below these would be [-28.252, 25.018] and [-28.632, 25.219]
- After excluding the outliers, find the average GPS point in this it might be [-28.389, 25.245].
- It would be a bonus if can work the "weight" provided by HDOP value for each point.