Hoping for some help. I am trying to run some statistics for demographics from the results of a survey. I have male/female percentages as a result of the survey (45.1/54.9) compared to male/female percentages as a result of a recent census (49.7/50.3).

A chi square test or Z test was recommended by my advisor, but I'm just not really understanding how to do that or if it even makes sense.

Any advice is helpful!


  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Have you looked at something referred to as "difference in proportions" tests? $\endgroup$ – Jesper Hybel Dec 30 '18 at 21:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.