Two series of data-points for a specific curve are given:

  1. $x$ as a function of $y$ (high resolution, low range)
  2. $y$ as a function of $x$ (low resolution, high range)

The two series are merged and used to build a model. Data is sampled from the model and a new resulting data-series is produced.

What do you call the resulting series?


I've decided to describe the process and use "resulting series"


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.