I want to use Kendall's Tau to check rank correlation in some data. I have two sets of data, and hence compute two values, $\tau_a$ and $\tau_b$. How do I test if $\tau_a$ is significantly different from $\tau_b$?

For perspective, If I were using Pearson/Spearman correlations, I would do a Fisher transformation followed by a Z-test to obtain a p-value. I something similar possible for Kendall's tau?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.