I have a data of 300 participants who all filled in a questionnaire. I want to cluster these people regarding different features (burnout, engagement etc.).

Some of the measurements are on a likert scale 1-4, some 1-5 and some 1-6. Should I standardize them so that they all would have a mean of 0 and standard deviation of 1?

I'm thinking about using the K-means or two-step cluster analysis. I've read that this should only be used when the variables are contionuous (not ordinal as in Likert scale), but is it still ok to use the K-means/two-step? Or do you have any other options, I'm using SPSS.

Thank you!


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.