I have a sample of trials, with a positive result in some fraction 1/n trials and a predicted parameter of 1/p.

What kind of test do I need to do to determine the probability that the difference between n and p is purely by random chance and that p is the true parameter?

For example with numbers, a sample of 10,000 trials, with a positive result in 1/12 trials, but a predicted parameter of 1/10.

  • $\begingroup$ Does a one-sample proportion test sound about right to you? $\endgroup$ – Dave May 27 at 10:47
  • $\begingroup$ yes thank you @Dave $\endgroup$ – David May 27 at 11:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.