I have 3 groups with a distribution of samples. I used ANOVA to compare means of these groups and also fetched mean, SD and SEM.

I have SD and SEM that varies among groups. How can I compare them so that I can say that a group has significative bigger variance than the others?

Simply ordering the SD or SEM is not enough, because they have to be normalized for the value of the mean, isn't it?


  • $\begingroup$ Just look up "variance test." There's Levene's, for example, which you may have encountered while doing T-tests. $\endgroup$ – rolando2 Jan 15 '13 at 0:37
  • $\begingroup$ :/ not on Prism, the software I use... $\endgroup$ – Bakaburg Jan 15 '13 at 2:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.