I am clustering mixed-type data using hierarchical clustering and the Gower measure. My question is:

Do we have to check for association (dependence) between categorical variables (e.g. using chi-square test) with the same logic as we check for multicollinearity between continuous variables (e.g. through correlation) or this is not relevant here?

Many thanks in advance


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.