Data was collected on binary variable and continuous variable. The binary variable represents two groups.
- Group 1 has a sample size $n_1$ and mean $\mu_1$ on the continuous variable
- Group 2 has a sample size $n_2$ and mean $\mu_2$ on the continuous variable
The significance test is as follows:
- H0: μ1 = μ2 versus Ha: μ1 > μ2, using an $\alpha$ significance level.
The first sample mean was $z$ pooled standard errors above the second sample mean.
- How can the p-value be derived from the standard error $z$?
- What if $n_1=15$, $n_2=30$, $\alpha=.10$ and $z=1.6$, what would the p-value be?