I have a use case as below
One company selling products online would like to understand how to reduce returns from customers. They on an average have 25% returns. They have data for orders which have been returned and which have not been returned. The data includes all features of product and customer and where they were shipped.
My thinking is that certain item or customer attributes may be linked for them to understand returns from customers better.
What I would like to understand is in this situation what kind of ML models or statistical methods could be used and basically how to proceed as I have only basic understanding of ML
Some additional details we have Data for past 8-9 months (around 8000 order lines) of all orders placed and retuned on e commerce platforms. example data for one of their sales category Shoes Shoe attributes like
- brand size (Around 10-Sizes)
- colour (around 15-20 colours)
- shoe description (around 20 - 100 characters)
- shoe type (training, running , around 10 such classification)
- Gender Customer attributes like
- Customer pin code
- Gender - Order Attributes Order Attributes like
- Order date (DD/MM/YYY) I wanted to classify this as ‘day in month’ and ‘Day in week’ to see if timing of order has any effect on returns
- Payment type (COD, Prepayed)