Just a quick introduction, I'm rubbish at stats. I asked a question before which was very well answered but I have since modified the experiment in a way that confuses me as to which test I should use.
So in the previous question we finished concluding that an independent t-test would be suffice as I am comparing the effect of irradiation on each leaf so, one half would be the control or the "before", and the irradiated half would be the "after" treatment. Well, I got my results, but I didn't map out which irradiated half went with what control as it was very difficult to keep track so I ended up with a jumbled set of controls to a jumbled set of irradiated.
So I made the following changes to my experiment:
1) Instead of having 5 circles per half of leaf, I instead opted for just 1. This meant it was quicker to get results as things like overlapping circles reducing light intake for the leaf discs on bottom didn't happen. So I would initially cut all my leaves in half. take one sample from one half, and whilst waiting for photosynthesis to take place I would irradiate the other halve(s), which brings me on to my second change..
2) I did 3 syringes at the same time instead of just 1 quadrupling my speed. (That's what I meant when I said I did four at the same time), so 4 control, whilst waiting, irradiate other halves of leaves for a minute and switch once photosynthesis finished, then switch again to another batch of 4 leaves and repeat. I ended up with 16 results either side