We want to perform ordinal logistic regression with the following properties:
Dependent variable: Three ordinal variables (low, medium, and high)
- Age : Continuous variable
- Region: Categories (Nominal)
- Income : Categorical (Ordinal) - Data collected in income range; for instance, from 20000USD-50000USD, 50000USD-1000000USD, >1000000USD
- Ordinal variable levels to low, medium, and high to 1, 2, and 3, respectively.
- Income: Convert 20000USD-50000USD, 50000USD-1000000USD, >1000000USD to 1, 2, and 3. (Treating ordinal categorical to continuous)
Now, I have only converted region to factors while performing analysis in R. Do I need to make any transformation for nominal categorical variable "Region" before performing ordinal logistic regression? For instance, dummy variable conversion?