If $Bias(\hat{\beta}) = (\beta - \mathbb{E}[\hat{\beta}])$, is there a term to describe the quantity $\frac{\mathbb{E}[\hat{\beta}]}{\beta}$?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I’ve never seen that, and I think part of the reason is that many parameters are assumed to be $0$ (at least under null hypotheses). Still, when the value is defined, I wonder when this would be useful, so +1. $\endgroup$
    – Dave
    Oct 26, 2022 at 22:33
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Variance/scale parameters would be a sensible place for it, and I've seen that sort of summary, but I don't know of any standard name for the ratio. $\endgroup$ Oct 27, 2022 at 0:51
  • $\begingroup$ @user154510 I've never seen an explicit term for it to my recollection, but in a number of situations it's a perfectly sensible thing to consider. $\endgroup$
    – Glen_b
    Oct 27, 2022 at 8:55


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.