The hypothesis of my research project is “a certain training improves the ability in Subject A” .
Groups: 1A (25), 1B (21), 2A (25), 2B(27), 3A(23), 3B (23). The number within brackets represent the number in each group.
Control/experimental: 1A, 2A, 3A are experimental groups and 1B, 2B, 3B are control groups.
Group labelled (1A, 1B); (2A,2B); (3A,3B) fall under 3 different age groups respectively.
Data collected was as follows:
- Pre-test and post-test scores for each group taken using subject A ability test
- Subject A and Subject B achievement scores for each grade (5-6 scores taken at different intervals in an academic year of class unit tests given by the teacher).
With limited knowledge in experimental statistics, pre-test and post-test results for all the groups were taken to test Subject A ability. I conducted a paired t-test for each group separately.
Subject B unit test scores were also taken just to have a check on the effect of training on one other subject achievement, different from subject A.
Apart from paired t-test what other statistical tool will help in line with my hypothesis?
1. I wish to compare the Subject A ability scores between control and experiment groups
2. Compare the Subject A ability scores on the 3 different age groups
3. Compare the unit test scores conducted in class separately for subject A and Subject B
4. Compare ability scores on the subject A for male and female in each group and overall
PS: I will be using SPSS for statistical analysis.