I'm building a dashboard and would like to show an automatically generated chart to quickly give a high-level view of how well my organization is doing.
The organization has a large corpus of content, much of it with quality problems. We're tracking each known error in an issue-tracking system. We want to reduce the number of issues to zero as quickly as possible.
The questions I'd like the chart to answer are:
- Over time, how many outstanding tasks do we have?
- Over time, how quickly are we fixing issues?
- Over time, how quickly are new issues being added?
I've looked around to see what kind of chart would be appropriate. Some ideas I'm considering:
- A stacked area chart showing outstanding issues, with fixed issues on top.
- A chart like JIRA uses for their 30 day issue summary (see https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10470, for example)
Is there something more appropriate?