- I develop high-performance, sub-second latency implementations of machine learning methods over unbounded data streams.
- I prefer using Python/Cython/C++/C, Scala/Java, TypeScript, Go, and R (in that order).
- My core domain experience working on text and numerical data lies in the biotech (genetics/proteomics) and financial (credit/fixed income) sectors.
- My current fulltime engagement is as the CTO of Selerity, a FinTech startup in Manhattan, specializing on low latency information extraction and percolation for the financial world.
- I have nearly two decades of professional experience in machine learning, starting with bioinformatics in the pharma industry, to various research engagements, and working for a few startups.
- Re. my level of education, I hold a PhD in molecular biology.