I'm a life long programmer. I've worked on platforms from Mainframes to PCs, using languages from COBOL to assembly. My current favor is C#, Visual Studio and Windows, though I still do a lot of C/C++.
I've done some odd things over the years, including:
- A driver/test program for an experimental chorded ternary keyboard.
- Code to drive serial connected LCD shudder glasses to dual frame buffers one for each eye (this was in the early 1990's).
- C code bound to a Microfocus COBOL runtime that allowed remote procedures to be called as if they were local.
- C# code that provided an API for running remote SAS stored processes.
- Currently, my main "at work" project is a Window's driver (kernel in C, user mode in Python).