I was wondering what would be the best way to measure the effect of a TV ad campaign on sales (phone and online) and other metrics such as website visits.
One could argue that most of the effect of the ad would be in the next few minutes/hours, but it could linger for a couple days too.
- Let's say I have the counts of visits/ sales by period of five minutes for two years.
- Let's say that there were two ad campaign every year and that they were lasting one month each, with multiple ads running everyday.
- Let's say we have the date, time and channel that each ad was run.
- How would you measure the impact of the ads on the sales/visits assuming that there is seasonality over the year and during the day?
- How would we go to find on which channel/ time of day/ time of year the ads have the most impact?