For two groups A and B that consist of n and m individual samples. Each individual sample has a unique 2-dimensional joint probability density functions (PDFs)of two variables. These PDFs are estimated by kernel density estimation (KDE).

If I want to treat each PDF from each individual subject as an independent observation, which statistical tests can be used to assess whether there are significant local differences in PDF estimates from individuals in group A and group B?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Welcome to the site. This question is both a bit confusing and very broad. Please ask more specific questions. $\endgroup$ – Peter Flom Apr 21 at 12:45
  • $\begingroup$ I second Peter's comment. Just to get the straight: Does every individual has its own different bivariate KDE or just every individual has two measurements and all the individuals together form a KDE? $\endgroup$ – usεr11852 Apr 22 at 20:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.